Thursday 15 January 2015

stories from behind the lens and beyond the frame

ice and snow at Langford Common     ( photo by Sally Light)
 
 Very excited to receive the enlargements of my photographs through the post today and have already taken them to the framers to be mounted. This portfolio is for my next project working with older people and has been funded by a local charity. I've noted before, how looking at photographs can have an enlivening effect on the viewer, and is often particularly enjoyed by those whose physical mobility is challenged. I've noted too, how older generations relish opportunities to air critical opinions, and conjecture about the stories that might lie behind photographs. And that is what this project is going to be about: helping individuals to record their creative responses to this selection of visual images. I'm so looking forward to seeing what they see!

No comments:

Post a Comment