Saturday 18 October 2014

Nynehead Workshop with the Wellington W.I.


 
I don't know whether it was the glass roofed Orangery at Nynehead Court that effected a bit of a growth spurt, but members of Wellington W.I. who came along to my Hooked on Flowers workshop, cultivated some particularly spectacular blooms today...


Jan working on her second bloom
Karen's rose

Jan's flower
 
Sam's flower
 
What is always really exciting for a workshop leader, is to see people run with your ideas and take them to another level and this is what happened today; double layered shirring no less(!) and the inspired re-use of some pyjama's piped seams to great effect (see flower below). Several of the women commented that Rag Rugging is a 'forgiving' craft and seemed to enjoy the fact that this allows you to get straight down to the creative nitty gritty of getting a feel for the fabrics and seeing their potential with a new pair of (Rag Rug) eyes. One women said as she was leaving, that she was taking home a new passion, which made me feel so lucky to be doing what I'm doing - it's very rewarding.

 Annabel's flower in progress



 



No comments:

Post a Comment