Saturday 15 March 2014

mantle street memories

Just to let you know that The Old Sale Rooms will be closed on Monday (17th) so if you have memories of Mantle Street to share, why not pop in another day during the week and write them in the book I have left for this purpose, or else come and have a chat with me the following Monday (24th) when I will be at The Old Sale Rooms again? I have begun a large 'scrap book' for people to have a look at. In it, I have pasted a list of the names of all the people living in Mantle Street in 1938, as detailed in an old Wellington directory (kindly lent to me by Mary Hunt) plus details of local businesses. The original directory has a few gaps though, which it would be good to fill. Were your relatives living in Mantle Street in 1938? Do have a look through the names and if you have some interesting memories to share, record them in the book or share them with me on a Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment