Wednesday 26 February 2014

sixty three and a half miles of bliss

I went to Minehead this morning, from Rockwell Green via Taunton by bus. That's the No. 15  followed by the No. 18 to be precise. There was a problem with our No. 18 not going up hills very well, so we swapped buses and our's was demoted to light duties - the town centre shuttle-bus route -  which is mainly on the flat.  Despite the swap over and diversion to find a sturdier steed, we still got there on time and I wasn't a minute late for my rag rug gig at a care home in Minehead. The sun was shining all the way and the views of the Quantocks were splendid.

Good session at the care home - lots of memories, laughter and conversation.

Then another equally enjoyable trip back. but the best thing about the bus journey today was discovering that I can sew really well by bus. I basted yards of fabric strips all ready for braiding a rug later on and I can't tell you how satisfying that was!



To be working just as efficiently at what I would normally be doing at home, but with the pictures-in-motion backdrop of West Somerset and snatches of bird song through the open door every time we stopped for passengers, was 63 and a half miles of bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment